Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Changes

Moving out today.
Jake's mad at me. Might leave me all the way instead of being just physically away on his mission.
Boy who I'm interested in, who puts his arm around me, holds my hand, and plays with my hair...
                     doesn't know if he likes me. Say what?
My best friend Jess is back in Utah!
Feeding myself.
Buying my own toilet paper.
Starting a my new job.
Meeting in a new ward.
Beginning classes in a week.
Going on dates with men several years older than me.
No more daily hugs from the parents.
Unsure of when or even if I'll leave on the mish.
Paying rent.
Purchasing textbooks.
Eating off my own dishes.

Leaves are beginning to tint. Though the majority of the world still flashes green, the careful eye can see the signs. Reds, yellows, oranges subtly creep, tainting the edges and seeping into the leaf. Soon, they will tremble and fall.

But no one said change is bad.


It's just CHANGE.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this. And I love YOU. You have so much to offer the world, and if the last few years have felt stagnant, this year DEFINITELY won't. So many exciting and hard and beautiful and stretching things are in front of you.

    ReplyDelete