Monday, February 18, 2013

My mini 1000 awesome things

I randomly found this blog when browsing through Google images:


1000 awesome things
...and it promptly stole an hour of my time, but it was the best hour spent on a blog ever!

This guy truly inspired me; there are so many things to be happy about, so many little things, and when those little things add up it makes life one great big happy things!


Alma 37: 6 - 7
Now ye may suppose that this is afoolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by bsmall and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
 And the Lord God doth work by ameans to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very bsmall means the Lord doth cconfound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.
True that!!
God's simple things work to make us happy; all we have to do is look! So many times I'll be grumpy and driving in my car, and look up and see the most extraordinary sunset. And because I was fuming, listening to grumpy music and glaring at that idiot going five under the speed limit ahead of me, I never noticed the beautiful spectacle God made just for me! 
I dare you all to notice the happy things instead of the unhappy things. Both are out there, but the one you focus on becomes the only one you notice. Pay attention to happy blessings, the adversities diminish. Focus on your trials, and you'll wonder where God's hand is.
So, something that made me smile, something I would put on my 1000 awesome things list:
Baby cheeks!



If looking at this didn't make you want to squeeze its cheeks, you have no soul.
I'm the proud aunt of 3 nephews and 2 nieces, and I am an expert on baby cheeks. They're fat, plump, ripe for the pinching! Snuggling a baby that has been recently washed and has a fresh smell is guaranteed to make your day a little better.

So, if you're feeling a little crummy, go hug a baby! You can borrow one of my adorable nieces/nephews if you say please.

Cheers!


Found the baby picture here




No comments:

Post a Comment