Monday, February 18, 2013

What's in a name?

So, the title of my blog.

What's up with that?

Well....

Since I'm LDS aka Latter-Day Saint aka Mormon, I've been attending a religious instruction class for teenagers called Seminary for the last four years.

I love studying the scriptures, praying, the whole jazz. I share personal spiritual experiences and thoughts in Seminary often, and my teachers usually respond with (yes, I've heard all of these):

"Wow, that was really insightful!"

"Did you guys all hear that?! Everyone be quiet--Karen, repeat what you just said."

"Great comment, Karen!"

"Can you guys just see the light on her face when she speaks?"

....talk about a way to get a girl to feel self conscious, right?

The title came from one of these experiences. I was thinking about something my teacher had said and raised my hand to say something.

My teacher shushed everyone and called on me, saying, "Yes, Karen! Our deep thinker!"

I think the expression on my face let him know what I thought of that, and he hurriedly explained why he called me that, and not for any reason I haven't heard before.

So yes, that's where this title began, because I'm apparently "A Deep Thinker".

So.

Hm.


No comments:

Post a Comment