Monday, May 6, 2013

Guess what?

I'm at work.

I'm at the Children's Garden instead of the main Gardens.
So I'm all alone inside a little shack with no coworkers.
And it's raining.

So nobody's here.

I've been getting paid, for the last four hours, to
study
snapchat
and browse blogs. 
No, I'm not slacking, you can do what you want when no one's around.

...even that gets old.

Well, I made a wild dash from my shack and the long line of anxious people demanding my attention (see the sarcasm there?) for the bathroom. Had to go.

On my way out, I stopped.

And saw this guy


The children's garden has a huge fountain in the middle. When it's on, you can splash in all the water and stuff. It's of Noah's Ark, and there are plenty of bronze animals emerging from an ark. Like this rhino, for instance, that stands only a tantalizing five feet from the ground. 

You're not allowed to climb on them.

At all.

I've been dying to my entire life. But, my parents are the kind of good people who keep their young children from ruining art by climbing on them.

In the deserted park, my fingers chilled from cold and rain sprinkling on me lightly, I returned this rhino's stoic gaze.

And thought,
"If not now, when?"

I quickly scrambled up the rocks and atop the rhino.
My legs straddling him, I raised my hand and whirled it like I was throwing a lasso.

...then I ran off.
                                
                                           ....and stopped.
....and saw the very tip top of the ark, where two giraffe's hung their heads proudly.

And thought,
"If not now, when?"



No comments:

Post a Comment