Thursday, May 16, 2013

My Best Fwiend (Say it in a Mater tone of voice)


 My heart melts every time I think about you. And reading your letters bring me so much joy and comfort. I really, truly, love you. I have two awesome things to tell you in the letter I'll write to you today. I love you so much! Thank you for being support that I can count on. You mean a lot to me. And that's an understatement :)

--Elder Reeves

My best friend is this one guy that's currently in Indiana.

He has green eyes, reddish hair, and glasses that he hates. He wears gray t-shirts and shorts, even in the chilling winter. He helps his mom, who is almost blind, get her groceries from Costco every Saturday, even though the only place he dislikes more than Costco is the mall. He's kind and patient with everyone, including this one excitable, energetic, blond girl in Lindon who has ADD. He's quick and clever with his humor, always saying the punch line in the exactly right place that catches you off guard and cracks you up. He gets excited by little things, like the beauty of Provo canyon and fresh snow in the winter. He's calm, steady, and willing to work for his education and his mission. He paid for both all by himself, over $10,000 that he worked and earned and saved patiently. When you tell him things, he focuses entirely on you, nods and asks questions. He has a mild pigeon chest, which means that cartilage makes one of his ribs poke up higher than the other. It's cute.

He's not perfect. I'm not perfect, and I hate it when people say I am. I hear people say all the time that they found "Mr. Perfect" or "Mr. Right". My best friend's not perfect. He's shy. He's scared to talk sometimes because he's scared he'll say the wrong thing. He misspells things occasionally and he can be a picky eater. He's hard on himself sometimes.

But he's so good. He reaches out to people, even though he's shy. He reached out to an energetic blond girl who was struggling and felt so alone in July 2012. He was terrified of girls, and they were hardly more than acquaintances. But he did it anyways because he knew she needed a friend. He's strong. He's confident. He doesn't care about what the world has to say. He sees the best in everyone and never says anything critical of another. He's dedicated to serving, loving, and teaching about the Lord. I want to treat people the way he treats others.
I want to be like him. 
His faith is powerful. He knows the gospel is true.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment