Thursday, October 3, 2013

Funny College Moments

How about this one?

The one where I'm working my tail off, trying to fill my brain with randomness about the brain for my Psychology 111 test? Seriously...so much data that I just need to squeeeeeeeeeze on in there. I need a break. For my brain...from the brain.
So I'll write instead.

Some funny moments, and some awesome moments...

           Monday.
Monday was really, truly great. I went to FHE at our Bishop's house, with a few other families. They'd split us all up among the bishopric.
One of the things I've been worried about after having a boyfriend (a wonderful boyfriend, and don't you forget it!) is that I wouldn't branch out. I was worried I'd spend so much time investing in this fantastic person, which would be easy to do, that I'd plum forget about everyone else.
PLUS
         I think a part of me was certain that no one would want to be my friend when they found out I had a boyfriend...
                    especially guys. I'm not looking for another guy, but I like having guy friends.
Guess what??
No big deal!
I don't know why that FHE was so comforting to me, but it was. I had the chance to connect with and really talk to some amazing people outside of my FHE family. I spent a lot of my time laughing and shooting meaningful glances at my best friends/roommates that would make us snicker.

During the lesson, I was squirming, thinking everyone was looking at me and Aaron and judging us.
Judgers.
I was uncomfortable. But then, a darling girl sitting across from me, whom I admire, whispered,
      "Hey!
               Karen!
I just think you're so cute!"
....and I broke into the widest smile!

Funny moment: Sorry in advance, A-Aron.
Throughout the night, Aaron got more and more sick.
It wasn't funny so much as it pulled on my heart strings. His face became redder and his eyes just blinked blearily at everyone. His balance wasn't so phenomenal, nor was he super coherent. :)
"Yeah, I'm fine," He mumbled.

But then, afterwards, he just came home and sacked out on my couch. Fell sound asleep.

Hm. I made him take pain meds.

Then: "Psst, Aaron! It's time for you to go! I know this isn't how it usually works, but I'm going to walk you home, ok?"
         "Ok...."
He stumbled out the door, and when I hesitated to tell my roommates where I was off too, I looked outside to see where he'd gone.

He was a few yards away from me, head drooping down with shuffling feet. Honestly and truly, he looked like an old man.
We walked with my arm snagged safely around his waist, more as a safety precaution than a romantic sentiment. His head hung sleepily, he didn't watch where he was going, and his feet scuffed, almost snagging on cracks in the side walk.
Every now and then he'd raise his head, meet my eyes,
                                                                                 SMILE
                                                                                            at me sappily, (adorable!)
then let his chin drop to his chest again.
It was so sad, how sick he was.
          And a little adorable. Ok, SUPER adorable.
I'd talk to him softly,
         "Ok, step up here....there's a parked car there....don't trip!"
When we got to his apartment, he trudged up the flights of stairs to the third floor. When he was at the top, he stopped, teetered near the railing, then exclaimed:

"Whoa! I almost fell over there!"

....you almost fell off a balcony and down three stories???

Either way, he got better :)

More stories to come, I need to get back to studying. But the one featuring throwing eggs at Aaron...
that one's GREAT.
Pray for my test.
          Seriously.

~ Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment