Thursday, April 4, 2013

Letting sleeping dogs awaken


I know I’m supposed to 

forgive
           and
forget. 




I'm all for forgiving.
But forgetting...

....I think is often misunderstood.



Surely, the “forgetting” part doesn’t mean 

“ignoring”? 




If 
Christ ignored the pain He went through during the Atonement, what kind of situation would that put us in? 

He needs to remember and reflect on those things that shaped Him into the Son of God, and 


need to remember those things that shaped me into 
Karen today. 


It’s ok to talk about them, what happened, and how they affected me. It’s ok to re-experience the pain and emotions. 
 What’s the point of forgetting the learning and just trying to retain the lesson? 
That doesn't work.



Ignoring what happened ignores the part of 
Karen
that 
conquered
them. 



 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for stalking my blog! i will be following your blog and stalking it as well! can't wait to here about your wonderful adventures! muah!

    ReplyDelete