Monday, September 16, 2013

I have a boyfriend.

It is true.
Karen has a boyfriend :)

I figure if I write those words, maybe I'll get used to the way they look :)
And this is my first announcement of the fact. To anyone.
...and it's on my blog.
But hey, I'm taking it slowly, and it'll be hilarious to hear of my mom's reaction when she reads this. I may let this be the way she finds out so I can imagine her scream :)
Why?
Because I realized that I was holding back because I was afraid.
I wasn't paying attention to the fact that he's good for me, or that he makes me feel like a fantastic person, or that he's good, kind, funny, and a super spiritual person...
Those things are true, but they weren't influencing me.
The only thing I was listening to are my fears.
How silly is that??
Today, I feel like God had a sit-down chat one on one with me. He basically told me that He loved me, was giving me this opportunity, and that now it was my time to act. My fears were holding me back from my chance to grow. It is time for me to act on my faith instead.

So today, I said yes to the chance to invest in this person.

Because hey, I like it when we're talking about something random, and he interrupts and shyly exclaims, "Goodness! You are so beautiful!"

I think it's time to trust myself and it's certainly time to trust where God's leading me.

Oh, plus, he's HOT!

Aaron, not posing, after he'd just dominated the Men's XC Invitational at BYU.
And lastly, our names rhyme.
That is awesomeness in and of itself.

Karen :)

My chance of getting any homework done today is shot...

No comments:

Post a Comment